Leader Board Ad

Sunday, January 18, 2009

What is an "Urban Archeologist"?

I am updating this post because I have changed how I want this site to be perceived - or hind sight is 20/20.

Urban Archeology is a name that came to mind organically - there are other UA's out there today (updated 8/12/16) some are businesses, some are pickers. I don't think there is anyone capturing the meaning of the term in the way I conceived it 15 years ago.

I have always been curious about the world around me - how it works - why it exists - and the things that pass before my eyes compel me to look a little more deeply. Such was the case when I would walk (yes, walk) to school in 5th grade. If there was a junk pile (not garbage!) I could not keep from looking to see what had been cast off. To me there was always something good worth saving, admiring, re-useing, adopting and adapting.

I have often said that once you find one gem, you are hooked.

Well, this blog, now over 650 posts strong is testimony to that I am hooked. But more than just the items I have found is the value in where it has take me and who I have met along the way. What you may read here are samples of my life experiences represented by the things I have found.

So, please read, comment and reach out if you feel so inclined. I will be digging picking and networking to uncover a new story to post.

Greg.

1 comment:

  1. just a name, you are too humble. it has meaning to us understand the value of a good shoot. You speak to our common fight for some basic quality in our Video. That is can never be understated. Thanks for starting a blog as a place for us "VM's' can go to be "vm's"...

    ReplyDelete

Found something unique? See something here you want to know more about? Start the discussion - I'll respond. Really!