Leader Board Ad

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

I Won the Italian Lottery!!!..Wait. What's the Italian Lottery?

No I didn't win the Italian Lottery.  But I do have something to celebrate: This is my 2 year anniversary!  Back in January of 2009, I made a resolution to see what this "blogging thing" was all about, well I now know that it's about 140-odd posts.  Who-da thunk I had so many treasures? I guess I should have put treasures in "quotations," because their value seems as yet unknown. Speaking of potential treasure - I did find this lottery ticket from 1964. (Click on the image to enlarge) Another find in a random box of papers. The question I need answered is...did I win?
I like the layout and especially the racing theme.  I have searched the phrase "Lotteria Di Monza" but all I can find so far is a similar ticket (different image) from the early 1960's.  It might help if I could read just a little italian, more than "Inspector General of the lottery offers a 1st Prize of 150,00,00 Lira!" Along with the "Minister of Finance". I am hoping someone can find a few more tidbits of information on this than I could.  The back has much more to say but I can't speak a word of it.
Well, I'm not quitting my day job, unless this turns out to be a rare find and/or a winner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Found something unique? See something here you want to know more about? Start the discussion - I'll respond. Really!