Leader Board Ad

Monday, January 3, 2011

with a name like KOPEEFUN...

This is from 1940. When I first looked at it I thought the father and the son looked very much like a certain 20th century figure. I was going to add some caricatures of the person to show the comparison, but I'll let you decide...that odd comb-over combined with the shadow under dad's nose and voila! Instant salient attack on the most prolific dictator of the 20th century.  Not a bad statement for a small toy company in New Jersey. This game/activity was another find in a mass pile of magazines I picked up a while back. The kit contains paper, rubbing stick, and a series of facial outlines and clip art to create your own cartoons.  The back of the kit is just as "fun:"

"Fun for everyone from 5 to 55" that is. If you happen to be over 55, well, sorry but the party's over I guess.  I hang on to this only because it is nearly complete and I can't get enough of the image and graphics on the front. I didn't have to do a lot of research before I found Susanna Ryan's blog on the west coast, who managed to come across another set and then did all the research I could have done and more! Click here to see that Kopeefun has been around for a while (and may still be).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Found something unique? See something here you want to know more about? Start the discussion - I'll respond. Really!