Leader Board Ad

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Happy 85th Birthday Grauman's Chinese Theatre

This is another of the random coincidences that occurs and must be recorded. I was visiting some of my Picker pals today to borrow their "picked" collection of post cards (to be featured in an upcoming Patch article). There are many early Connecticut cards that my readers/visitors enjoy and while sorting through them I found this one:
Typical over-saturated color card of the 30's, but it had a cute note on the back about the writer's real and not-so-real brush with greatness:
The Selznick line is a joke but I was curious about the Marsha Hunt reference. A search brought me to this site : 

HOLLYWOODLAND

A site about Hollywood and its history

Author/biographer Allan R. Ellenberger  has a large compendium of Hollywood history and I managed to find some interesting bits of information about the Marsha Hunt referred to in the card.  When I hit the "home" button and scrolled down I saw an announcement of the celebration of the 85th anniversary of Grauman's Theatre Today! (Well Almost today) Great coincidence!  

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Found something unique? See something here you want to know more about? Start the discussion - I'll respond. Really!