Leader Board Ad

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Headache? Shirley it must be your Temples

At first I thought this was one of those: "Send a penny post card to receive a free sample!"  Normally found in magazines of the 30's. After reading the letter below Victor Cromwell, or someone at his house was listening to a BC sponsored radio show and feeling a little achy.



The letter doesn't mention that there are photos enclosed but the rusty paperclip on the letter and Shirley Temple tells me that she was part of the deal. John Barrymore...hmmm it's an odd pair in the same envelope.



I think I have it!  John is the "Before"  and Shirley Temple is the "After."  Why did they take this stuff of the market...that's quite a selling point. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Found something unique? See something here you want to know more about? Start the discussion - I'll respond. Really!